Thursday, May 01, 2008

A walk through the garden.

What a fantastic night at the Garden On Wednesday. Although it was a late start for an old fart the game kept me intrigued and not staring at the clock.
If the Celts make it through this round, which I think they will, we will have learned one very important thing about them thus far. The road Celtics and the home Celtics are not equal in the playoffs. They have three big name players, but none of them seem to have the ability to calm down the team when the crowd and opposition are rolling with momentum.
When a team mismantles another like the Celtics have done to the Hawks in Boston it is perplexing that intensity can't travel with them. It has been a story of four teams in this series. Two good ones and two bad ones.
The bench was off the charts last night. Cassell and Powe were dominant when they were in. Doc Rivers even gave Tony Allen a brief run, which was nice to see until he started chucking up 3's.
A question I think that needs to be answered at this point in his career is where does Paul Pierce fall in all-time Celtics? That might be a two part Blogathon...
The Celtics trip through the playoffs is not going to be as easy as I thought it was going to be. The Magic are the only team to have dispatched their opponent quickly and effectively. The Celtics have used more energy than they had planned in this series. That might come back to haunt them later on, especially on the road.

The Kentucky Derby is this weekend. It is firmly placed on my list of things I want to do before I die. The Masters and Derby both hold that sense of tradition that I dont think any other sporting event in the country holds, except maybe the Mayor's Cup...

Speaking of traditions, here is John Daly making an ass of himself... this time shirtless. Viewer Discretion is advised.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I'm adopting the word "mismantle" into my vocab. Probably the best typing error. Ever.