Sunday, June 08, 2008

Well the Celtics are currently leading by 19 points and Leon Powe is channeling the powers of Kevin McHale, good lord he is having a fantastic game. The Celts should head to L.A. up 2-0, something I did not see coming. Now they have a great chance to come back up 3-2. It will be great to see what happens in L.A.

I was really sad to see the fall of Big Brown on Saturday at the Belmont. I thought I was going to get to see my first Triple Crown winner. This year's Triple Crown has made me realize the cruelty that can go into the sport. Ken Desormeux did the honorable and completely correct thing in calling off Big Brown when he knew the horse did not have it in him. The amount of racing these horses have to go through to win the Triple Crown is amazing. I hope I get to see a horse win all three races soon.

The European Cup started this weekend too. Germany, Portugal, Crotia, and the Czech Republic won this weekend. I think Germany will end up winning it, they are very solid. I can't wait to sit down and watch the games. As long as Italy does not win I will be happy, I hate the way those guys play soccer, and when they win it seeps into all the youth soccer. The diving and acting, it has even made its way into the NBA with all the international players who no doubt grew up playing soccer.

Rafael Nadal destroyed Roger Federer in the French Open final on Sunday. I dont care what surface they are playing on, when you beat one of the all-time greats 6-1, 6-0, 6-3 you deserve some serious recognition. Now everyone will await the Wimbledon rematch where Federer can get Nadal on grass...

Ana Ivanovic might be my new favorite female athlete. She is definately in my pantheon sitting with Danica Patrick and Natalie Gulbis...

...So while I was writing this Leon Powe has gone nuts. Gotta feel happy for him after seeing the halftime special...

Thoughts and prayers to Jim McKay and his family. He was a person who brought many great and transcendent moments into homes around the country and world.

So I while I was writing this the Celtics have given up a 24 point lead, Radmonavic just stole the ball and blantantly travelled and dunked. An awful no call... this stinks...I just vomited a little on my keyboard...

Phew, that was close. I was worried my first paragraph was going to jinx this whole thing... on to L.A.

Links:

Rick Reilly's first ESPN article... heavy stuff...

Funny clip of Jerry Seinfeld getting angry at an idiotic Larry King...

Alexander Ovechkin is going to the NFL...

No comments: