Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Quick Hits

In lue of a big preview of the Celts series I will leave it at this. Celts will win in six games. I just dont see the Cavs giving the C's as much trouble as the Hawks. The Hawks were athletic and got to the hoop and when they won the free throw battle they won. The Cavs are more perimeter focused, they have a lot of jump shooters. LeBron can obviously win a series, but I think the C's have a lot of guys (and fouls) they can use on him. James Posey and Paul Pierce will get the brunt of the work, but Tony Allen might get some minutes too. I look for the C's to double him and make his supporting cast hit big shots. I dont think they can sustain good shooting for enough games to take the series.
My one concern is KG. Ben Wallace and Ilguaskas are monsters. If KG can float out and bring those guys out of the paint using that deadly jumper it will open up things for Pierce and Rondo in the lanes. But look for KG's rebound numbers to go down.
The Hornets are making my "Hornets in seven" prediction lok silly. The Spurs seem old and Chris Paul is a trancendent player. We will se what happens in San Antonio, I think this series still goes the full seven, with the Hornets taking advantage of home court.
Pistons are in full control of a young and green Magic team, and the Lakers should be fine against the Jazz.
So Celts in six, I think they win by seven points tonight. Pierce has a big game and Ray Allen snaps out of his min-funk.

No comments: