Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Here are my thoughts before game four on Sunday night these thoughts will be followed by some in-game thoughts throughout the game

Well the Celtics bucked two trends in the span of 2 nights. What an unreal performance by the Pistons on Thursday night followed by a great Celtics effort on Saturday night. Looking ahead to game four I think the Celtics are very dangerous. They are playing with house money . They have home court advantage back and can play loose and free tonight. In their 100th game of the season the Celtics will look to win their 77th game. With Billups hurting and now more time being asked of Stuckey, I think the Celtics win game four in a very closely battled game.

6:39 left in first quarter: Well the Celtics came out flat and are down 13-4 after McDyess hit a free throw. This game has started in exactly the opposite way as game three. Celts might not score 14 points this quarter…

End of First: Well that quarter was a tale of two halves. The one thing I missed though was Maxiell blocking KG. I stepped out of the room for 15 minutes and I guess I missed it and all of the replays, oh well... The Celtics chipped away and found their way to the free throw line. I was surprised Billups didnt get a rest. It should be interesting to see how his minutes go the rest of the game.

On a side note: Are those hydroxycut "before" and "after" shots the most fake of any "before" and "after" pictures ever?

Doc Rivers just complimented Michelle Tafoya twice in one of those sideline interviews. Good thing he didnt ask her to kiss him

4:55 left in second quarter: The Celtics are hanging around, they cant seem to get closer than 5 points though... I need to talk about two things before I forget. Is anyone else highly annoyed by the P.A. announcer at the Pistons games? The only thing more annoying in my mind are those awful Heinenken commercials with that horrible jingle. It drives me crazy. The second thing is Kendrick Perkins. He might be the new poster boy for players I can understand opposing fans absolutely hating. His posing bothers me and he seems constantly constipated…

How about the week Detriot fans are having. The Stanley Cup finals and Eastern Conf. Finals have synced up so they are playing on the same nights. People always talk about Boston sports and how great they are doing. But does it get any better than Detriot right now?
Halftime: It was always preached to me that you need to start and finish halves strong. The Celts have a hard time doing that sometimes, but they finished the half strong going on a 6-0 run in the last two minutes. It seems as if the win on Saturday has given the C's a little confidence even when trailing on the road. The key to the second half will be the ability to play solid defense and keep Billups in check.
Stuart Scott passes my "would I have the urge to punch him if he was sitting behind me at the ballpark" test. That puts him on the list with Chris Berman....

8:oo min left in third quarter: Celtics come out flat again to start half. Personally I think how a team starts and finishes quarters is largely placed on the shoulders of the coach. And the Celtics never seem to really start and finished quarters well. They dont do it consistently enough... Maybe Doc is a little too focused on Michelle Tafoya…

My current living situation forced me to listen to the rest of the game on the radio as I drove into Boston. The entire fourth quarter felt like game six of the Cleveland series. The Celts could not climb that final mountain and get the lead. It was disappointing, but if you told me the C's would get one win on the road this weekend I would have taken it. Now back to Boston for this three game series...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Heineken has the worst ads which prompted me to vow to never drink their beer again (nearly a year strong). Good advertising sells product, annoying advertising means I don't give you another dollar of my cash. I ask the Boston-Homer readers who agree that Heineken has terrible ads to join this effort to rid our TV's of awful commercials.

Good to be a Wings fan these days, too.